Friday, May 14, 2010

Uh-oh

I went on another date last night. I was really nervous about this one. I have been a little nervous in the past, but just the thought of this date was inducing a serious case of the butterflies. I think it's because we had talked SO much before hand - through e-mail, text, phone conversations - that I was just SO excited to meet this guy. Let's call him Wild. You'll understand why in a bit.

So the itinerary of my date with Wild is far less exciting and juicy than the actual date and conversation itself. Because the conversation was AMAZING. A few reasons why: He did not possess ONE quality on my Douchebag List... not one. Thank the Lord. He successfully completed all of my First Date Etiquette rules...with flying colours, might I add. AND he fulfilled NINE out of ten Traits of Irresistible Men. The only one he hasn't fulfilled is the sexy wink thing, only because I haven't seen him wink yet. And really, the only person who can actually wink sexy without looking like a total moron is Richard Gere, so whatever, we'll let this one slide. So basically what I am telling you is that this man is a f*cking saint.

OR... maybe he's just had 33 years of experience of charming the pants off of girls. Yes, there is a 7 year age difference between us. Get over it, Mom. I am. :)

So after an amazing first date, I am left wondering, is this too good to be true?

I'm choosing to think that it's definitely true, and that this guy is the real thing. Besides, he knows the weird things about me and is STILL so into me. This is rare. Once guys find out that I won't eat chicken from a certain restaurant because it's pumped with antibiotics and hormones, or that I think vaccines are poison, or watch me ask the owner of the gelato shop why they don't have recycling bins to recycle the little plastic gelato cups, they usually go running for the hills. But not Wild. I mean we talked for a good 15 minutes about how he likes to buy the $6.50 eggs from Community and how his buddies all give him a hard time for eating expensive organic stuff. I like this guy. We also have a pretty sweet deal - he will teach me to dirt bike if I teach him yoga. See, that's where the Wild comes in - the dirt biking... this guy is definitely a man's man. And spontaneous and fun. And being tall, muscular and downright delicious with beautiful green eyes doesn't hurt either.

The bonus: we have mutual friends. He also knows my brothers. And also knows that there is a good chance that they will remove his testicles if he turns into an asshole. So, these are all good things. And I would imagine that I would be informed if he was a total manwhore.

Oh goodness, I really like this one.

Actually maybe I'm not feeling so well. I could be coming down with something. I mean, it's going around, isn't it? I think it's the flu. It must be the flu. Yep, that constant incessant butterfly feeling in my tummy has GOT to be the flu...

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment