Friday, May 14, 2010

26 Things I Love About Myself For My 26th Birthday

As I rapidly approach my descent into oblivion (T minus two days), I have decided that rather than dwelling on my commencement into the days of cellulite, grey hairs, and crowsfeet, I would celebrate all the wonderful things that I have to offer. This is going to be tough. I've been thinking about this for a few days, and I have only come up with three things. Jokes aside, I think this is important. I think we should all know what we love about ourselves. I mean really, if you don't love yourself, how is anybody else supposed to love you? And why would they want to? I'm no relationship expert or anything, but it's difficult to love someone who doesn't know who they are and doesn't love who they are.

So, my friends, I am going to try to take off my self-deprecating, sarcastic bitch hat and try this out.


26 Things I Love About Myself

1. I sing in the shower. Sometimes very loud. Usually Lady Gaga.
2. My ass. Ghetto booty, junk in the trunk, large and in charge... whatever you wanna call it, it's pretty awesome.
3. My acceptance of constructive criticism and my on-going guest to grow and self-reflect.
4. I love yoga.
5. I am a freakin' amazing cook . I can modify, create and spontaneously throw together some pretty scrumptious recipes.
6. I thoroughly enjoy my own company.
7. I look for the best in all people and all situations and whole-heartedly believe that we experience all the lows in life so we can fully appreciate the highs.
8. My enviably long, sultry eyelashes.
9. I adore, respect and look up to my mom, but am now a strong independent person that she adores and respects and looks up to as well.
10. I make a mess. When I cook, paint, or draw, I am left covered in flour, paint, charcoal and my condo usually looks like a bomb went off inside.
11. I often find myself thinking, "I have nothing to wear," when in reality, I have too many clothes to comprehend and at any given moment the re-inforced metal rod in my closet may rip its extra strength bolts out of the wall and crumble to the ground.
12. I stand up for what I know is right. Even if it's controversial or might get me in trouble.
13. My face turns bright red, my knees get wobbly and I get the serious giggles after ONE glass of wine.
14. My family and friends are the most important thing in the world to me.
15. I hate wearing shoes. Bare foot is the way to be, people!
16. I mean what I say. Always.
17. I'm kind of a domestic goddess. I'm also very humble. Hah.
18. I love babies. And I know I will be a fantastic mom someday.
19. I don't take myself too seriously. I have experienced far too many moments of complete and utter embarassment to take myself seriously. I am verbally and physically clumsy which always seems to create some kind of ridiculousness.
20. I get stuck in the car wash on a regular basis. I don't know what it is, but I think I must be cursed. I can't tell you how many times I have been stuck in the automatic carwash thingy honking my horn like a maniac as I wait for the dorky little attendant to come let me out.
21. My love for chocolate is perpetual, immortal, and enduring. Please refer to item #2.
22. I like to help people. Like, actually. I really do. It makes me feel fulfilled and happy.
23. I give RAD hugs.
24. I am always finding new ways to do things. I don't like to be in a rut. Whether it's making latte's from coconut milk or figuring out another route to work, it's always fun.
25. I can usually put a smile on someone's face. Even when they are REALLY grumpy.
26. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Not as bad as I thought. Now go and do the same!

I leave you with one of my favourite quotes:
"Love yourself, accept yourself, forgive yourself and be good to yourself. Because without you, the rest of us are without a source of many things wonderful." -Leonardo Buscaglia

It's my birthdaaaaaaay!!! Weeeeee!


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list.....thank you! Here is to many more "what I love about myself" lists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all things that i love about you SO much! you really are the shit, sjn!! and i cant wait for you to be a mama (you are already such an amazing aunty!)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you both SO much. :) xox

    ReplyDelete