Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm THAT girl


I’ve got it all together. I look good on paper. I’m a good person. Responsible, reliable, considerate and caring. Not repulsive looking. You know, the usually crap. But I’m single.

My friends are getting married and having babies, my grandparents are starting to wonder if there’s any hope of seeing my down the aisle before they bite the dust, and my lovely, incredible mother is telling me that guys must be intimidated by me because I’m too beautiful. Gotta love moms.

Anyways, I’m technologically challenged, and to tell you the truth, this whole blog thing is still a little over my head. I mean, it took me about an hour and half to figure out the basics of editing my profile. I know, shameful. So then you might be thinking… for such a technology loser, what prompted the blog? And on top of that, I’M thinking...who do I think I am? Why is my life so exciting that people would actually read about it???

Here’s the truth. My life is not really that exciting. And the blog idea was prompted by the combination of a few things; the universe working in mysterious ways. The first incident: two Sundays ago, my mother and I are aimlessly wandering through the aisles of Superstore. Well, not totally aimlessly… I needed Brita filters. We get stuck in the book section and stumble upon this rather cheesy looking book, “Love in 90 Days – The Essential Guide to Finding Your Own True Love.” I laugh. This is NOT the kind of book that I usually read. My mom reads the synopsis on the back cover out loud, chuckles, throws it into her basket, and exclaims, “This could be it, my dear!” Quite the comedian. So there we are standing in the self check-out at Superstore at 10pm with a self-help book about finding true love, Brita filters, and Mini Eggs.

I got home and started thinking… if the contents of this book are anything like the title, this whole experience is going to be a freakin’ riot. Throw in a few extra ingredients: my clumsy demeanour, sometimes awkward sense of humour and impeccable ability to embarrass myself, and there it is folks, a blog! Here it is- weekly accounts of my experiences as I follow my 90 day protocol, partake in the “Meet a Man” assignments, get dating tips from my girlfriends, humourus pep-talks from my mother, abrasive and harsh reality checks from my brothers, and deal with all of the little daily adventures of single life.

I’m reading chapter one before I go to bed. Here goes nothing.

1 comment:

  1. i love this! cant wait to hear how this all turns out!! XO

    ReplyDelete