Friday, July 30, 2010

Lifesavers

Girlfriends are the best. When shit hits the fan, when you're down in the dumps, when you feel like a fat, ugly mess, or when you are a complete emotional basket case, there is nothing that cures these symptoms quite like a good giggle with a good girlfriend. It's the small moments and the simple pleasures that make life so amazing. And it's so good to share those with friends. Boyfriends, too, yes. But to be able to sit outside on a warm, breezy Friday night and eat chips and salsa, drink iced chai's and laugh hysterically to the point of embarassment is absolutely priceless (my tummy muscles are going to hurt in the morning - no lie). I don't know if I could do this with a boyfriend. It just wouldn't be the same. And this particular Friday night moment was extra special because of the reminiscing of our numerous past moments of humour together. I don't know what it is, but together, we are like fun magnets. Strange things just always seem to happen to us. It's pretty much the most awesome thing ever.

My girlfriends make me a better person by knowing them.
CS- You are wise beyond your years, your honesty and kindness are immensely admirable. Your warm spirit lights up a room and there has always been something about you that just shines. You radiate goodness. I am lucky to be able to call you my friend.
JD- My rock. You are beautiful inside and out. You walk through life with such strength and grace and you amaze me everyday. I respect you, look up to you and love you so much.
EL- You are such a role model to me. I am so proud of you and am always in awe of all of your accomplishments. You have such a big heart and I am fortunate be a part of your life. I am excited to see you conquer the world. You're a superwoman.

I fall asleep with cheeks that ache from smiling, a tummy that is satisfied with salsa, and a heart so full that it makes me feel like everything is okay in the world. And how good is that?


"They say nothing lasts forever. Dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style."
~C.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment